« Home | Harper Selling Off Federal Buildings In Sweetheart... » | Deputy Speaker Royal Galipeau MUST RESIGN! » | NDP-Liberal Teeter-Totter Will Decide Manitoba Ele... » | NASA Finds Evidence Of Widespread Antarctic Melting » | The Jerry Falwell 'gospel' » | Dion Doesn't Understand Harper's Hatred Of 'Canada' » | Bush Grabs Baton And Starts Conducting Orchestra » | U.S. Military Restricts Troop Access To Youtube An... » | Manitoba NDP Premier Gary Doer Is On The Verge Of ... » | Tougher New Canadian Flight Regulations For Domest... » 

Thursday, May 17, 2007 

Tinky Winky Finally Breaks Silence On Jerry Falwell

Eight years ago the Rev. Jerry Falwell warned parents that BBC children's television star Tinky Winky was a hidden symbol of homosexuality. Falwell died Tuesday at 73, and the world wanted to talk to Tinky Winky. When asked about Falwell's death, Winky turns serious and chooses his words carefully.

"I'm not going to pretend I'm sadder than I am," he says. "There were late nights during the dark times when I wished to hear news like this."

"At the end of the day, I'm not terribly sad, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. Jerry Falwell was a divisive person, a hateful person, and what I've tried to be all about, in the Teletubbies days and since then, has been love. I've got to keep it that way. I don't want anybody feeling good about it when it's my time for Tubby bye-bye."

Tinky Winky on the Passing of Rev. Jerry Falwell

tag



Follow leftdog on Twitter




About Me

Archives

BANNED FOR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

  • -Carmichael-
  • Things I Read

    • -Canadian Political Viewpoints-
    • -ZAG-
    • -Next Year Country-
    • -Huffington Post: Canada-
    • -LEFTIST JAB-
    • -Let Freedom Rain-
    • -Informed On Information-
    • -Wellington Post-NDP-
    • -Trapped In A Whirlpool-
    • -Larry Hubich's Blog-
    • -ROGERISM-
    • -Leftdog's Daily KOS Blog Page-
    • -RIDER PROPHET-
    • -Dipper Chick
    • -Ideagist -
    • -Al Barger's MORETHINGS.COM-
    • -Canadian Cynic-
    • Saskatchewan Progressive Bloggers
    • *NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY*
    • My Zimbio
      Top Stories
    • Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    • Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      View blog authority
    • Display Pagerank
    • Canada's NDP
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates