« Home | NDP-Liberal Teeter-Totter Will Decide Manitoba Ele... » | NASA Finds Evidence Of Widespread Antarctic Melting » | The Jerry Falwell 'gospel' » | Dion Doesn't Understand Harper's Hatred Of 'Canada' » | Bush Grabs Baton And Starts Conducting Orchestra » | U.S. Military Restricts Troop Access To Youtube An... » | Manitoba NDP Premier Gary Doer Is On The Verge Of ... » | Tougher New Canadian Flight Regulations For Domest... » | $BILLIONS$ Of Oil Missing In Iraq » | I Can't Believe That Ben's In Montreal Is Gone! » 

Thursday, May 17, 2007 

Deputy Speaker Royal Galipeau MUST RESIGN!

Tory MP and Deputy Speaker Royal Galipeau was behaving badly in the House of Commons on Wednesday and apparently laid hands on a fellow Member of Parliament while in a loud rage. He admits he lost his cool, but denies he behaved in an intimidating manner.

"Yes, I was pretty upset, but I was only upset because I was surprised." said Galipeau.

It doesn't matter what political party Galipeau belongs to - it doesn't matter what political party the assaulted MP belongs to.

If we do not want our Parliament to degenerate into what goes on in Taiwan, then there simply must be a ZERO tolerance policy when it comes to violent acts in the Canadian Parliament.

I am not calling for him to resign his seat, but I sure as HELL am demanding that he step down as Deputy Speaker. Today!

cnews.ca


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Galipeau Apologizes - NOT GOOD ENOUGH - YOU CAN'T BE DEPUTY SPEAKER, MANDATED TO UPHOLD THE RULES OF THE HOUSE WHILE YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES OF THE HOUSE - RESIGN!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He also did not take accountability for his actions, and blamed it on his 'surprise.'

How about, there was no excuse for my actions. What I did was wrong, and I will provide a formal apology to the offended member of parliament and to all members of parliament.

"... and I hereby tender my resignation as Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons."

yes he should go.

Question- does parliamentary immunity apply to battery and or assault?

How about

"I sincerly applogize to the house and the member for ________ for my words my actions , and the disgrace I have brought upon the house and my possition. I really could not help myself, lying and kissing Harpers Ass is making me insane"

I know nothing about this. David Wu, my Representative in the US Congress, has not cast one single vote with which I disagree (and I track his voting on every measure). Were he to physically assault the most rabid neocon/theocon ideologue GOP pig in Congress, I would support a call for his resignation.

That is what I find so unbelievable about the Conservatives here. They are defending what he did by saying 'the other guy made him mad' - 'Galipeau is 60 and the Member of Parliament he assaulted is only 47' -
'Galipeau is smaller than the MP he attacked'.

These folks are unbelievable!!

Saying 'the other guy made me mad' is a criminal thinking error called misappropriation area. Nobody can make me mad. When I feel anger it is my anger that I feel by my own choice, and how I choose to respond to my anger is also my choice. Misappropriation error is most common among those with exceptionally concrete (black or white) thinking, and often indicates arrested social development.

Post a Comment



Follow leftdog on Twitter




About Me

Archives

BANNED FOR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

  • -Carmichael-
  • Things I Read

    • -Canadian Political Viewpoints-
    • -ZAG-
    • -Next Year Country-
    • -Huffington Post: Canada-
    • -LEFTIST JAB-
    • -Let Freedom Rain-
    • -Informed On Information-
    • -Wellington Post-NDP-
    • -Trapped In A Whirlpool-
    • -Larry Hubich's Blog-
    • -ROGERISM-
    • -Leftdog's Daily KOS Blog Page-
    • -RIDER PROPHET-
    • -Dipper Chick
    • -Ideagist -
    • -Al Barger's MORETHINGS.COM-
    • -Canadian Cynic-
    • Saskatchewan Progressive Bloggers
    • *NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY*
    • My Zimbio
      Top Stories
    • Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    • Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      View blog authority
    • Display Pagerank
    • Canada's NDP
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates